While I’m writing this blog it has been 22 days, 17 hours and 3 minutes since we celebrated the beginning of 2017. I’m wondering how many of you are keeping up with your goals for this year. Only eating salads, save more money, visit the gym 5 times a week, quit smoking.. Yes, this is what I hear every December when I ask people to tell me their resolution ideas for the next year.. My friend, please! How realistic is it to spend 5 days a week in the gym while the past 7 months you haven’t been working out once?
Start thinking about what is really important for you. If you haven’t had that bikini body the last 5 years, you won’t be able to get that bikini body in the next 5 years. Unless you think that’s the most important thing in the world and you’re willing to give up everything for that gym.
”Do not waste time on things that are not really important to you”
Okay, I made my point clear. But what, in my opinion, does help you sticking to your goals? I thought of 5 easy tips for you:
- Take the following 5 days to think of what you find really important in life. How? Take 15 minutes every night to write down different things you love;
- Choose 3 things you would love to do every day. You can only stick to your goals when you’re working on them on a daily base;
- Reward yourself! Try to think of a present, something sweet, a nice drink or something else to reward yourself with every month. This will make sticking to your goals easy and fun;
- Think of a new month as you think of a new year, not only in January;
- Enjoy the journey, every small step counts.
Now it’s up to you, dear followers. I’d love to hear what your daily goals are and how you’re rewarding yourself. Are you willing to share this with us by writing it down in a comment below?
Enjoy your Sunday & have a lovely week! Make sure you do things you truly love.
Pictures: Canva and Pinterest